Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This morning I finished a painting that I originally started a few years ago, then put away. It is from a photo I took in San Diego. It was a difficult subject for me - the photo was over exposed, and (although I loved the subject) I somehow needed to paint how I saw the subject, and make it come alive. The rocks and water
were very bland and basically the same color. I am happy with the results. I feel relieved that I was able to finally see on canvas what was in my head. I am starting another painting today from a photo I had originally took as a painting subject - year ago in England. I never felt like I knew how to paint it. Lately, I have become infused with a new vitality and passion for my painting - I guess that it why  I am revisiting some of my old photo studies. I feel that there is nothing that  I can't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment