Thursday, May 20, 2010

Painting in oils - the life and times of an artist


I decided to create this Blog to record the efforts, progress, and day to day experiences as a painter. To give you an idea of my history - I am a graduate of Long Beach State University with a degree in painting, I have been an artist for over 20 years, I moved from San Diego

California to South Carolina about 7 years ago (I am currently planning a move back to the west coast), I paint daily in my studio here and am working on several projects currently. Recently I have concentrated on landscapes, but I am now working on a series of city scape's from photos I have taken in a recent trip to Paris. There are few forms of media that I have not created in, I just prefer oil paint because of the effects that I can get. I am also a muralist and have been hired for many projects - I have worked as a muralist for private individuals as well as larger companies.

My hope is that this Blog will help me to grow as an artist and give people some incite about the creative process. It won't be all serious though - I have a way of looking at life in a slightly humorous way and hopefully that will come through as well. Enjoy reading along - I look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment